Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce problem!

ulbi.1997

Commendable
Dec 12, 2017
Hello everyone!
My problem is that i have an above mentioned GTX 760, out of a sudden it started to have stripes on my screen and eventually an error message. My system recognizes it as a GTX 760, but it says that the devices is sending error messages to the system, so it shut the device down, and MSI Afterburner didn't even recognise it. I don't understand this because it works, I have my monitor plugged into it. I tried reinstalling the graphics drivers with no succes. ( I have no problems with it until i get to more demanding tasks on it, and the nVidia controll panel doesn't even run in the background) I have put it into another system where it looked like its fine, everything seemed to recognise it but when i tried to install MSI Afterburner to see wether it recognises it, the system shut down and kept restarting.
I don't have a clue what my problem is, please help !
Thanks in advance!!!
40432267_299777687481572_427868335699394560_n.jpg

Solution
I would download DDU,
Go to safe mode windows 10 -> https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10 Shift+restart method (its easiest).
Run ddu, clean+restart.
After that uninstall MSI AF.

Download latest drivers (Or if you have them on PC unpacked), try to install.
If instalation fails, try manually via Device manager.

Locate your GPU by some awesome generic name by windows (Basic display, Display driver).
Right click Update-> Browse-> Browse again-> Pick folder of unpacked Nvidia Drivers (When you extract the installation, usually by C:\ or whether you have putted it)-> Tick include subfolders-> next and let them install.
After its done installation, restart PC just in case.

Have you done anything other that you...

ulbi.1997

Commendable
Dec 12, 2017

yes i cleaned it and repasted it i can't see the temps with MSI AF because it doesn't recognise it.

I would download DDU,
Go to safe mode windows 10 -> https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10 Shift+restart method (its easiest).
Run ddu, clean+restart.
After that uninstall MSI AF.

Download latest drivers (Or if you have them on PC unpacked), try to install.
If instalation fails, try manually via Device manager.

Locate your GPU by some awesome generic name by windows (Basic display, Display driver).
Right click Update-> Browse-> Browse again-> Pick folder of unpacked Nvidia Drivers (When you extract the installation, usually by C:\ or whether you have putted it)-> Tick include subfolders-> next and let them install.
After its done installation, restart PC just in case.

Have you done anything other that you might not told us? Like PCIE cables? Dirty hands? Sweaty hands? (Note: Dirty and Sweaty hands rarley impact on that, I've drilled my GTX 470 XD).

Note: Do not install MSI AF.
Note:2 Check if GPU is recognized by GPU-Z.

Solution

ulbi.1997

Commendable
Dec 12, 2017

Thanks i will try this out as soon as i have time for it! After cleaning it i put it back in the system with the cables plugged in as they were and it didnt work i had to switch the cables and it was fine