gigabyte GTX 780 problems

godfather288

Reputable
May 20, 2015
i just build my 1st computer and i'm having trouble with my manufacture refurbished gigabyte GTX 780 card.

Basicly i was just tryin to test my card while playing some online game. i was running at 200-250FPS. i had a friend tell me to use the program: Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. after installing that program my performance dropped and had some blue screens of death. I was told to just reinstall windows and that would take care of everything. I reinstalled windows and i'm still have the same performance issued from before the re-installation of windows.

I'm just beginning to do all this stuff.
here is my system info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model Z97X-UD5H-BK
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

I'm just at a loss on how to troubleshoot this problem.
ANY help would be great

Solution

bennyd87708

Reputable
May 16, 2015

I would check to make sure that the card is not physically damaged first. Then, check that it has the latest drivers from Nvidia. If it doens't, install the new version. If it does, uninstall the drivers then reinstall them. Check back after you have done this.

Solution

godfather288

Reputable
May 20, 2015
well i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and still gettting the same performance out of it.

when i reinstalled windows i did a fresh install of the drivers. so i dont know if it is like hard coded into the card somehow

still getting slow performance.

bennyd87708

Reputable
May 16, 2015

Did you check if there was any physical damage to the card? Run a game so that the GPU has to work hard and smell it to make sure it doesn't smell like anything is burning,