Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti Ghz (GV-N78TGHZ-3GD) good choice?

NoobishPCBuilder

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my pc to a Gtx 780 ti and i've seen that the Gigabyte version is always the fastest. However, i've also read that this card is unstable. Is this still the case and should i take the risk and buy this one? Or is there any 780ti which is a better choice than this one? Thanks.

Solution
They trade blows depending on the exact game. We are talking about a 10 FPS difference between the 970, 780ti, and 980 at the high end. 780Ti tends to lose out on applications that use a lot of VRAM since it only has 3GB at a slower speed (due to compression that the maxwell chips run).

If you are comparing Gigabyte Windforce to Windforce then I would take the 970. It is a lower wattage part and should have more overclocking room then the 780Ti.

I know of no issues with any of the 780tis.

NoobishPCBuilder

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Well, I can get the 780TI for 450 euros. My max is 500. But which are better, gigabyte 780 ti ghz or the 970? I've had bad experiences with OC, so i'm a bit hesitant with that. And, do you know if gigabytes Ghz edition has issues?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
They trade blows depending on the exact game. We are talking about a 10 FPS difference between the 970, 780ti, and 980 at the high end. 780Ti tends to lose out on applications that use a lot of VRAM since it only has 3GB at a slower speed (due to compression that the maxwell chips run).

If you are comparing Gigabyte Windforce to Windforce then I would take the 970. It is a lower wattage part and should have more overclocking room then the 780Ti.

I know of no issues with any of the 780tis.

Solution