Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 will it fit in my case?

okino

Honorable
Oct 7, 2014
Hey guys, I am going to buy the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 which on part picker says it's 317mm, and my case is going to be BitFenix Prodigy Fire Red Edition Mini-ITX, I know that I have to remove the drive cages to fit a 317mm in the mini-ITX prodigy case, but I also read something about the mini-ITX prodigy not supporting triple slot coolers, and I know the Gigabyte GTX 970 has a triple slot cooler, but I really want a mini-ITX case. will the Gigabyte GTX 970 fit? if anyone has the mini-ITX prodigy case with Gigabyte GTX 970 then please tell me :) thanks in advance :) here's my partpicker list http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/lupa/saved/bybRsY

Solution
No, 3 fans doesn't mean triple slot.

When you look at the pictures you can see it is double-slot. If you look at the pics, look at one that shows it from the back. You can count the number of metal pins sticking on the side. meaning it takes two slots in your PC case.

okino

Honorable
Oct 7, 2014

oh... have I misunderstood what triple slot cooler meant? either way, was it written on a site or you looked at a pic of the G1 and realized it's only a double-slot... cuz I see it has three fans on it, and I thought that must mean three-slot?

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
No, 3 fans doesn't mean triple slot.

When you look at the pictures you can see it is double-slot. If you look at the pics, look at one that shows it from the back. You can count the number of metal pins sticking on the side. meaning it takes two slots in your PC case.

Solution

okino

Honorable
Oct 7, 2014

oooh I see what you mean now, it just means it takes the spot of 2 one-slot pci-cards, I get it now, thanks very very much!! :)