[SOLVED] Gigabyte GTX2060 Super safe temps

wqnxy

Commendable
Dec 3, 2017
Hello there.
Bought myself a Gigabyte GTX 2060 super (triple fan version) GPU a few days ago . Was playing some games for 2 days now and realised that temps goin up to 76-79*C range.
The other PC specs are :
  • fx8320 (oc to 4.2, NB at 2.6)
  • coolermaster masterair ma410p
  • 4x8gb hyperx fury 1866 (not OC'd yet since just bought another 2 sticks and didnt have time to work on it)
  • seasonic focus px650 platinum
  • hdd toshiba p300 2tb
  • sdd samsung 860 evo 500gb
Case is open stand without any cooling at all.
The question is : are those temps safe to work with? What is the safe limit for Nvidia GPUs in general? Was trying to google some proper info and some of the reddit threads says it should be below 70*C..

Last edited:
Solution
What is your case and the fan setup in it?

76-79C is on the hot side but if that's the temps you get with intensive gaming that's fine.

I hope you don't have any problems with the RAM you bought. Mixing ram even the same brand and model can give you issues. This is why buying RAM in a kit is always suggested.

76-79C is on the hot side but if that's the temps you get with intensive gaming that's fine.

I hope you don't have any problems with the RAM you bought. Mixing ram even the same brand and model can give you issues. This is why buying RAM in a kit is always suggested.

Solution

wqnxy

Commendable
Dec 3, 2017

I realised that some1 can ask smthn liek that and edited 1st msg, but it was probably too late:
"Case is open stand without any cooling at all. "

76-79C range was spotted in Jedi Fallen Order at 1080p + all epic settings. Witcher3 was running on 70-73C range goin to 75C on random events.

Everything works fine so far with the RAM (I didnt actually plan to go over 16GB ram when i was buying the first kit, but most of my work is 2D graphic with some video editing/rendering. Then i realised that transfering to lower ryzen will not give me significant boost in performance and will cost me a lot of switch, so i decided to stay with the currect CPU/Mobo setup for now).