[SOLVED] gigabyte h110m-s2 memory slot not working.

Simran Jeet

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
Specs are at the bottom. I am planning to upgrade my ram from 8gb to 16 gb, so before ordering the ram i thought it is a good idea to test my 2nd ram slot, so i pulled the ram out of 1st slot and tested in 2nd slot but it didn't worked, pc was not displaying anything and was re-booting every 5-8 seconds, does it means my 2nd ram slot is dead ?or 2nd slot will only work with ram in 1st slot ? and can i pair 4gb (Hyperx fury 4gb 2133) ram with 8gb (Hyperx fury 8gb 2133)

Specs
processor - i5 6500
Mobo - Gigabyte h110m-s2
Ram - hyperx fury 8gb 2133 single
GPU - Palit gtx 1060 6gb
Ssd/hdd - Samsung 750evo 120/WD Blue 1tb
Supply - Corsair vs450
Case - Corsair 100r

Last edited:
Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Look in the User Guide/Manual for your motherboard.

The documentation should provide the allowed/supported RAM configurations.

I found the following link:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h110m-s2(ddr3)_e.pdf

Do verify that I found the correct User Manual.

Physically numbered Pages 10 and 11 (Section 1-4, Installing the Memory) cover the installation of RAM.

To make use of Dual Channel you will need paired memory modules - physically numbered Page 7 lists the supported modules and configurations.

Simran Jeet

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
Look in the User Guide/Manual for your motherboard.

The documentation should provide the allowed/supported RAM configurations.

I found the following link:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h110m-s2(ddr3)_e.pdf

Do verify that I found the correct User Manual.

Physically numbered Pages 10 and 11 (Section 1-4, Installing the Memory) cover the installation of RAM.

To make use of Dual Channel you will need paired memory modules - physically numbered Page 7 lists the supported modules and configurations.
Thanks for help and yes user manual you provided is for my motherboard but it nothing says about the issue im having but it is mentioned that " Dual Channel mode cannot be enabled if only one memory module is installed" does this mean anything ?

Simran Jeet

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
Solution