Gigabyte H170M-D3H DDR3 detects my G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 8Gb 1600mhz ddr3 CL10 memory as 1333mhz?

Lockhardfoot

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
This is a new system purchased last Week of December 2015, and I just notice this when I did a bios check. I read the manual and also some of the threads, but with no avail on the resolution eg. change the values in memory setting= but it's greyed out or lock, I did set the setting- Memory Enhancement Settings-Enhanced Stability, Memory Timing mode to manual, then used the Easytune, I was able to set or change the frequency to 13.33 to 16mhz.(which automatically change the values in ddr timing after restart) at first it's working fine, but after few restart I received a message " Boot failure detected" with 3 options to choose 1. Load Optimized defaults then boot 2. Load Optimized defaults then reboot 3.Enter Bios - I choose 1; now it's back on 1333mhz...., please help me with this issue?

Here is my rig:
Intel i3 core 6100@3.7ghz
Gigabyte H170M-D3H DDR3
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 8(F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL)=16gb 1600mhz ddr3 CL10
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250GB
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM
Aerocool StrikeX 600w modular 80+plus Bronze

P.S.=Intel i3 6100 and Gigabyte H170M-D3H DDR3 stated it support 1600/1333 mhz memory modules.

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 8Gb 1600mhz ddr3 CL10
F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL
http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl10d-16gbxl#tabs-spec

If you check the Specification Tab, you will see the SPD (Serial Presence Detect) speed is 1333MHz. I'm guessing the above memory is what your inquiring about, since you don't list the part number.

Since there is no XMP setting, you have to manually set the Memory.

System Memory Multiplier (page 25 of manual)
Allows you to set the system memory multiplier. Auto sets memory multiplier according to memory SPD data. (Default: Auto)
You need to set this to 1600MHz, setting may be X8.00 or x9.33 for 1866MHz.

Memory Timing Mode (This is your DRAM Timings)
Set to Manual

Starting with Cas Latency set to 10-10-10-30, just set the first four numbers.

DRAM voltage

I believe the default value is 1.5v.

Lockhardfoot

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
It's 2 units of F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL, I will try to check it again, as of yesterday I can't set the multiplier but yes it's auto, same thing with the values of memory timing can't change a thing even if it's set to Manual.

Lockhardfoot

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Update: I can't set the multiplier it written Auto it's locked (if it's written in the bios as [Auto] you can change it), same thing with the Memory Timing Mode> Channel A,B...Standard Timing Control where CAS Latency,tRCD,tRD and tRAS can be seen but it's locked and can't be manually set even if the Memory Timing Mode is set to Manual, so I can't make any changes to it. as what I said before I make changes using Easy tunes but it need to be restarted....and boot failure happened.

Lockhardfoot

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
I appreciate your Answer Calvin thanks man, but I quite confuse about the logic technically, even the boys(agents of the computer store where I bought these) who installed this 2 sets of memory doesn't knew about this (they even installed 2 sets of Kingston fury black 1600mhz which causes the system to keep restarting many times before booting windows successully-that's why they gave me G.skill...), but reading in the attached newegg site you post - a guy named John M. on the review was able to installed 4 units of this successfully, I don't know if he notice the memory if it reads 1600mhz or it's still 1333mhz, anyway I'll just keep this 1333mhz setting.

P.S. reading the reviews deeper ...manufacturer comments that you can add another stick with no performance issues<Mason M. > page 3, and just below the review a guy set it to 1600mhz and it causes some issues.

Update: I reformat my drive re-installing the Windows OS, as I'm intended to do it anyway since some of apps are not working well due to some unknown reason(incompatibility I guess), Updated the Bios and Installed the "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility"(since I can't change the Memory Timing Manually in the Bios) where I changed the setting 10-10-10-30> restart, well it's working fine as of now( I even used Easy Tune and it works fine too), both apps are included in the bundled software(but I downloaded it on the site to get a new version), I'm not sure if this is a right way to do it. Since If I checked the bios>Memory Frequency- I saw 1333mhz and beside(right hand side) showed 1600mhz...[Question] is this how it supposed to looks like?