GigaByte H370 do not boot with DVI Connected

Jul 9, 2018
I have i new motherboard (i have already replace it one time) Gigabyte H370 Chipset and an intel i5 8400 CPU.

The system do not boot if i connect the monitor to the onboard DVI connector.
If i use the DVI connector of the extra GTX1050Ti card, the system do not boot again.
(it makes 5 beeps --> CPU Error)

If i use the onboard VGA connector with the same monitor the system boots.
I can see and install the drivers for the second GPU, but i can not use it for gaming.
(but i can use it for mining !!!)

I have already check the system with another CPU (i5 8400), the same behavior.

Please i need help.

Sanduri

Solution
That is the weirdest, 5 beeps for no monitor attached?
AMIBIOS Beep Code Troubleshooting >> https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543
"5 Short Beeps means there has been a processor error. A damaged expansion card, the CPU, or the motherboard could be prompting this AMI beep code.Start by reseating the CPU. If that doesn't work, try reseating any expansion cards. Chances are, however, the CPU needs to be replaced."

I would also check all Power supply connections to the motherboard (CPU 8 pin power connector in particular) are snug and correctly attached.

R0GG

Distinguished
Check Bios setting for primary display device, you usually initially can't correctly and thoroughly install drivers / control panel or later access control panel of the graphic device (iGPU intel 630 or dGPU 1050ti) not in use (not displaying) and I am not aware of a way to combine integrated and discrete graphics for usual desktop tasks in the latest intel DESKTOP grade motherboards.

Basically some Bios need to explicitly set a display device as primary (not on auto) coupled with a Bios save/restart/output cable switching/sometimes another restart in order to get it to display correctly.

A2IMs30.jpg

On the other hand Both 1050ti and Gigabyte onboard iGPU use DVI-D (digital) with dual link capabilities (4th row in the underneath pic) and you should have a display through at least one of the graphics regardless of drivers or Bios primary display settings: I would double check DVI cable and monitor DVI connector pins layout for compatibility.
pepDl7G.png

Jul 9, 2018

The cable & Monitor were working and are working with an older motherboard.
I have also test them with the old Motherboard using the new GPU (GTX1050 Ti)

But if it was the cable or the connector, would i hear the 5 beeps from the Motherboard ???

I have not check the BIOS yet, i will do it the next days.

R0GG

Distinguished
About the 5 beeps I would reseat the 1050ti in it's PCI slot and alternatively try motherboard lower PCIe slot (might be more sensitive since the card draws it's power from PCIe slot as well) and check whether it's fan kicks in on boot, and while at it reseat memory modules (2 modules preferably at 2nd and 4th memory slots counting from CPU socket per mobo manual)

Jul 9, 2018

The 5 beeps are still there even if i remove the extra GPU. The only way to stop them is to connect the monitor with the motherboard VGA connector.

I will check the BIOS the next days and see....

R0GG

Distinguished
That is the weirdest, 5 beeps for no monitor attached?
AMIBIOS Beep Code Troubleshooting >> https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543
"5 Short Beeps means there has been a processor error. A damaged expansion card, the CPU, or the motherboard could be prompting this AMI beep code.Start by reseating the CPU. If that doesn't work, try reseating any expansion cards. Chances are, however, the CPU needs to be replaced."

I would also check all Power supply connections to the motherboard (CPU 8 pin power connector in particular) are snug and correctly attached.

Solution