Question Gigabyte H610M S2H won't recognise M.2 SATA SSD ?

Jan 18, 2023
I've come back to building PCs and not sure if I understand the new M.2 SSD formats.

I've got a Gigabyte H610M S2H and a WD Blue SATA SSD M.2 2280 but the mobo won't recognise it. The spec on the motherboard says 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280 PCIe 3.0 x4/x2 SSD) but I'm not sure if this is compatible as on WD site the M.2 SSD says the interface is SATA am I missing something. I'm new with all the new M.2 and googling it is getting me more confused.

Jan 19, 2023
If your Gigabyte H610M S2H motherboard is not recognizing your M.2 SATA SSD, there could be a few different causes for this issue. Here are a few things you can try:

Check the SSD is properly installed: Make sure that the SSD is properly seated in the M.2 slot and that it is securely fastened. Also, check that the SSD is connected to the correct M.2 slot.

Check the BIOS settings: Make sure that the M.2 slot is enabled in the BIOS settings. Some motherboards have settings that control which storage devices are recognized.

Check the SATA configuration: Make sure that the SATA configuration in the BIOS is set to the correct mode for your SSD. Some motherboards have options for different SATA modes, such as AHCI or RAID.

Check the firmware of the SSD: If the SSD is not being recognized, it may be due to an outdated firmware on the drive. Check the manufacturer's website for the latest firmware updates and instructions on how to update the firmware.

Check the compatibility: Make sure that the SSD is compatible with your motherboard. Some motherboards may not be compatible with certain types of SSDs, so it's important to check the compatibility list before purchasing.

Check the cable: Check the cable is properly plugged in and not loose.

Check the power supply: Make sure that the power supply is providing enough power to the SSD.

TRENDING THREADS