Gigabyte Holding GeForce Overclocking Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallistaMan

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Yeah I'm still running off of a pair of 8800GTS 640s (albeit with respectable clocks of 675/2052), and with the 300s coming soon and the 5000s out, can't say I'm inclined to upgrade to a 200 now.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
As an added bonus, any contestant that beats the benchmark set by the Gigabyte team will double his/her prize.

Very nice incentive for people already working for EVGA, ASUS, XFX, BFG, so on...

Not to say it's unrealistic that it'll happen, but good luck getting those who can out of their basements.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
It says no liquid hydrogen, I'd imagine liquid nitrogen would be the same. Also under "forbidden tweaks" is no PhysX drivers... Really? I thought that was the point of making it nVidia...

It also wasn't clear about how many cards you could run just by looking at the rules.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]I would try this if they gave me a card of theirs to use whats the point trashing your card for 1500 or another lower end card...[/citation]

I thought that myself. I considered building something to go with, but then realized the top 3 will be going to people who already have systems that have crazy cooling and literally all they have to do is run the benchmarks.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The very first rule is No liquid Helium. Does anyone know how they will know if you use liquid Helium when, as far as I can tell, you submit your scores via the internet??

n9986

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Looking forward to seeing what gigabyte can do to stay ahead of the 'pros'[/citation]

They will probably hire a dozen pros to do it for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.