Gigabyte MB won't start after @BIOS update

Jan 28, 2019
Hi, I was reinstalling my OS and while bringing the drivers up-to-date, I used @BIOS to update the BIOS of my GA-Z68A-D3-B3 motherboard. Unfortunately, after the update, the computer doesn't start. The power-on LED lights up, the cooler and DVD turn on for a second or two and then it shuts down again, restarting all by itself after a while until I hold the power button long enough for it to turn off.
I believe it may be the same problem described here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3374444/computer-boot-bios-app-update-gigabyte-bios.html
However, my MB doesn't seem to support dualBIOS (or in any way, the solution in the thread doesn't work for me).
I will be very grateful for any help!

Specs:
MB: GA-Z68A-D3-B3
CPU: i5-2500
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 16 GB

Sounds like your bricked your motherboard. There are inherent risks with firmware updates. You can try clearing the CMOS, but it wont work. To clear the CMOS remove the battery for about 10 seconds. It is round and about the size of a quarter on the motherboard.

If the motherboard is bricked and if your board does not have a backup bios feature, then I dont think there is much you can do.

You have discovered the reason that updating the BIOS is in the "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!" catagory. You should ONLY update the BIOS to 1. fix a known issue( will be noted in the release notes of the BIOS), or 2. Acquire additional functionality(such as support for a new CPU not available when the board was new). NEVER update a BIOS just to have the "latest and greatest"

Jan 28, 2019
Yup, learned the hard way that updating the BIOS is not just like any regular old update... (and that @BIOS is a piece of sh#t) Well, guess I'll be buying a new MB, then, was old anyways. Thanks for replying either way!