Gigabyte MD50-LS0 "Please wait for chipset initialize..." at boot

Gerome

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
I just bought a MD50-LS0 motherboard, installed two Intel E5-2620 CPU and 4 sticks of 8GB ddr4, but cannot get it to boot correctly.
After pressing the power button, it will go show "Please wait for BMC initialize...", until the BMC LED starts blinking, afterwards, the screen will turn off and on again and show "Please wait for chipset initialize..." indefinitely.
I tried restarting several times, cleared the cmos, removed the BIOS battery for more than ten minutes, but it still gets stuck on that screen.
The vendor assures me he tested it and it works with the same cpus, and I tested my ram separately on another MB.

I can't find any reference to this message anywhere on the internet, so I'm a bit lost...

Any ideas?

Gerome

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Nothing is connected at the moment, except for the three power connectors and the CPU fans.
I even tried booting without the RAM, with the exact same result (except for one beep, a few seconds in)...

Gerome

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Thank for your help, this is probably what I'm going to do, but I was just checking.
This is still strange, as they assure me they tested it and it worked. Furthermore, it is actually the second time I have a problem (actually the exact same problem) with one of their motherboards, same brand but a different model (MD30-LS0). They've been very helpful in exchanging the material, but I find it weird that this problem totally unknown of the internet happens on two different boards...

Gallarian

Distinguished

Yeah it is a weird one. I suppose not a lot of people have experience with Dual-CPU boards, but if you can't find anything covering a similar issue, it's usually just faulty.

If I were you, I'd take evidence of the issue (maybe some pics or video on your phone), as its your second time they might say something like 'well it's clearly a problem on your end'.

Gerome

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Turns out it was a problem with one of the CPUs. With a lot of trial and error with the vendor, we found out that it would make the motherboard unable to boot if it had 4 sticks of ram attached to it... So he exchanged it and everything runs fine now.

wwwFRITZTRIXcom

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, Gerome!
I'm thinking and almost ordered..but then I thought it would be better to ask someone first to be sure..
Tell me... Can I install the Windows 10 on this board? Because on Asus page they only refer Drivers four server OS's.. So..I think that it may be the only problema for installing it..but I see some vendors saying it is compatible..but won't I need Drivers?
Thanks to yourself or/and to anyone that can help me..!
Luís Miguel Antunes - Portugal

Shah_7

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I bought 10 motherboards of Gigabyte MD30-RS0 and they give me the same message and wont go past that.

I tried changing RAM, using single CPUs but nothing is helping me :(

I have built 10 systems and all of them give me the same messages that u received...

Anyone have a solution :(