Gigabyte Mobo Long beep error

technikki

Reputable
May 13, 2015
Guys I have been using this mobo since last June.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#ov

PC specs:
AMD FX 4300
Cooler Master 450w
NVidia GT 740
Seagate Barracuda 500GB

I used to connect the monitor to the VGA port of the gpu.
Everything was working fine until I sold my gpu (planning to get a new one). I tried to connect the Monitor cable to the on-board adaptor and... when I turned On the PC, a single long beep occurs, and cpu, psu fans run..all the led's light up, but no visuals! Even the BIOS screen ain't showin up. What might be the reason behind the single long beep and no visual? .. The screen does turn on. Says no signal input.
Pls help guys.... :(

technikki

Reputable
May 13, 2015
I donno the BIOS used in this one. And... I tried with another gpu that I borrowed from a frnd and connected the monitor to it, Works fine! No long beep! so... is that a problm with BIOS or.. on-board adaptor?

technikki

Reputable
May 13, 2015
AWARD BIOS.
Its a Single Long Beep (3 sec.s)

I had no problem with my GT 740
I sold it and then tried to connect the monitor to on-board panel and then this problem occurs.
I tried another xtra GPU and it works fine.
Problem occurs when connecting to on-board connector.
clear? :)

You said "I tried with another gpu that I borrowed from a frnd and connected the monitor to it, Works fine! " So is this true or not?

AWARD BIOS -

Beep Code Description
1 long, 2 short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information
1 long, 3 short Video card not detected (reseat video card) or bad video card
Beeps repeating endlessly RAM problem.
Repeated high frequency beeps while PC is running Overheating processor (CPU)
Repeated beeps alternating high & low frequency Issue with the processor (CPU), possibly damaged
If any other correctable hardware issues are found, the BIOS displays a message.

Which of these is it?