Question Gigabyte mobo upgrade without too much pain

Nov 7, 2019
Folks, I have a Gigabyte H110M-S2H-CF with an i5-6600K CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and 3 SSD's it is maxed out at 32GB RAM which I would like to increase to 64 with a mobo upgrade.

I'm not looking to change any of the components other than the mobo and I would be using another Gigabyte board possibly a GA-Z270P-D3 different chipset of course.

I have Windows 10 PRO

So my question I hope is fairly straightforward, if I perform the mobo swap,

Will windows cope with the change or will it not be able to update its drivers, I really don't want to have to perform a reinstall of everything

Endre

Reputable
Folks, I have a Gigabyte H110M-S2H-CF with an i5-6600K CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and 3 SSD's it is maxed out at 32GB RAM which I would like to increase to 64 with a mobo upgrade.

I'm not looking to change any of the components other than the mobo and I would be using another Gigabyte board possibly a GA-Z270P-D3 different chipset of course.

I have Windows 10 PRO

So my question I hope is fairly straightforward, if I perform the mobo swap,

Will windows cope with the change or will it not be able to update its drivers, I really don't want to have to perform a reinstall of everything

You will have to re-install Windows clean!
Even if it would work without reinstalling it, I’d still wouldn’t recommend that!
You’ll end up with all kinds of bizarre errors and unexpected crashes.

Do things correctly.
Stability is very important.
It’ll save you from headaches.

Reactions: Alan-N

TRENDING THREADS