Question Gigabyte motherboard for ryzen 3600

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
hey, I'm building a new pc with ryzen 3600 and rtx 2070 super, corsair 16gb ram 3200mhz (probably 2x8) and m.2 card.
the motherboards I looked for, was Gigabyte "B450 Gaming" & "Gaming X"
now, those are my ONLY options, so please don't recommend me to go for the B450 MSI board, which is not available for me.

and there are pros and cons with those motherboards, it seems that the Gaming X board can support up to 3600mhz of ram with XMP, but I didn't saw it can support 3200mhz.
while the B450 Gaming is support 3200mhz with XMP according to the gigabyte website.

also sound is very important to me. and the gaming X board comes with newer, maybe better sound chip, but I didn't really know the differences between the two

I noticed that the NVME M.2 slot location might be a bit of a problem in the Gaming X board, it is located right behind the GPU, and I'm afraid it will get hotter as the time pass.

I'm going to put NOCTUA NH-U12S if it's matter (I don't know if it fits in those MB)

note: there are some countries that those boards don't support ryzen 3xxx, only 2xxx
in my country, there is the version that supports 3xxx with no need to flash the BIOS

so I can get those boards for the same price, I just need you guys to help me making the right decision

TRENDING THREADS