Question Gigabyte motherboard may be capping my internet speed ?

albertlow_

Prominent
Aug 23, 2021
I have a Gigabyte GAAB35GM-00-G and I just got a new internet service. On other computers using the same ethernet cable I get 600mb upstream and downstream, but on my computer, with the same cable, I get 550 downstream and 100mb upstream. Is it possible that my LAN port on the motherboard has an error? Is there something to be able to test it?

albertlow_

Prominent
Aug 23, 2021
Do you have the latest LAN driver?

Did you try with other cable/ports on both sides (computer and Hub)?
I updated the lastest LAN driver from Gigabyte, I download it, i executed the setup file and installed. I tried the same cable with different ports in 3 different PCs. The only one who dont obtain 600mb in download and upload is mine.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a Gigabyte GAAB35GM-00-G and I just got a new internet service. On other computers using the same ethernet cable I get 600mb upstream and downstream, but on my computer, with the same cable, I get 550 downstream and 100mb upstream. Is it possible that my LAN port on the motherboard has an error? Is there something to be able to test it?
100Mbit upstream sounds like you have some "gaming" software like the cFOS software Gigabyte talks about on their webpage for that motherboard.
It will PURPOSEFULLY limit uploads to prioritize gaming traffic.

albertlow_

Prominent
Aug 23, 2021
100Mbit upstream sounds like you have some "gaming" software like the cFOS software Gigabyte talks about on their webpage for that motherboard.
It will PURPOSEFULLY limit uploads to prioritize gaming traffic.
The software I have are this:

Driver Booster 8
Overwolf
Parsec
Razer Synapse
uTorrent
uTorrentWeb
Citrix Receiver
NVIDIA GeForce Experience

I think any of this have any settings to do that. I open all of this and I didn't find an option like this