[SOLVED] Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 on Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - Frozen BIOS Screen.. help please.

Apr 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

I can't seem to be able to install a new graphics card on my Gigabyte B75M D3H successfully for Some reason!
The motherboard already got an onboard VGA which is not powerful with games. Having tried EVGA firstly but got frozen BIOS screen so changed it with a Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX1060 but experienced the same issue!!!
Am I missing something here?! Please help.
Power supply 550W
MB: Gigabyte GA B75M D3H
Graphics card: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 - PCIe

Thank you

Solution
Cit ATX 12v Model: 550UB

Not fully sure, but I think your current PSU model might be the culprit here. Never heard of this PSU brand, and it indeed looks like some cheap/generic power unit. Please don't skimp on the PSU. Grab yourself some other decent high quality power supply from reputed brands like SEASONIC, EVGA, ANTEC, Corsair and others (even though the problem might be somewhere else on your system).

Also, F15 is the latest BIOS of your motherboard (dated 2013-11-04). Have you also tried resetting/clearing the CMOS settings as well ?
Apr 21, 2019
What's the make and exact MODEL number of this PSU ? Have you properly plugged all the PCI-connectors to the GPU ? Is the card seated on the primary PCI-e X16 slot ? Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your system ?

Not sure, looks a generic one

I have plugged the 6PIN cable and tried the 2 PCIe slots (x16 and x4) with the same issue on both.

BIOS installed is F7 not sure of the release date.

Worth to mention that the graphics card fans stops with the beeps!

Thanks.

Not fully sure, but I think your current PSU model might be the culprit here. Never heard of this PSU brand, and it indeed looks like some cheap/generic power unit. Please don't skimp on the PSU. Grab yourself some other decent high quality power supply from reputed brands like SEASONIC, EVGA, ANTEC, Corsair and others (even though the problem might be somewhere else on your system).

Also, F15 is the latest BIOS of your motherboard (dated 2013-11-04). Have you also tried resetting/clearing the CMOS settings as well ?

Reactions: WesElMak
Solution
Apr 21, 2019

Thanks for the advice. Will do for the PSU, but do you know a way to easily update the BIOS to the latest? GB App center is crashing Windows and I can't use it..

Apr 21, 2019
Tried copying the update files after I downloaded them from GIGABYTE website on an empty flash drive but the MB can't seem to be able to recognise the drive when using Q-Flash, it's getting more annoying now 😖

Apr 8, 2020
Thank You very much for this thread, I just wanted to say a big big thank You. The very same happened to me just now. The POST was coming up but then just freezing forever. Updating BIOS to F9 (In my case revision of MB was 1.1 and latest BIOS is F9) resolved the issue. Saved me so much time and nerves.