Gigabyte OC Guru II not autostarting with Win 7

habdab

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I have a second hand Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card that was crashing my PC.
I traced the issue to the fact the fans only came on at boot for a second, then went off and remained off, even when the card was under load. It displays a pretty LED that says SILENT. No wonder it's silent, there aren't any fans running.

I ran a stress test and at 60°c the Card consistently crashed.
I installed Gigabyte OC Guru II and created a fan profile which turned on the fans at 40°c and my problem was solved. No matter how hard I drove the card or how long, it remained at around 50°c. Great!

Except; no matter what I try I can't get Gigabyte OC Guru II to start with Windows 7.
I even created a command in Task manager, but it still won't auto-start. I even checked my Antivirus and it has full permissions to run. I can also see it in Startup in the Windows start menu, but it still won't start until I click on it.
I'm not interested in Overclocking the Graphics card or the Memory, so I don't need to be told Gigabyte OC Guru II is a load of rubbish, I just want it to start with Windows 7 and my world will be all pink and fuzzy.
I'm obviously missing something.

How do I get Gigabyte OC Guru II to auto-start at boot up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

habdab

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Yes, it has the latest drivers from Invidia installed. I have no idea what you mean when you ask how does it detect in the control panel.... sorry.

The card works great with no overheating issues or crashes, providing I physically run Gigabyte OC Guru II Fan speed manual profile. I just need to find a way of getting Gigabyte OC Guru II to auto-start with Windows 7.
I suppose another solution would be to find out why the card fans don't spin up before the GPU crashes the PC at 60°c. If anyone knows how to get the fans to spin up without OC Guru II, I'd love to know.
Is the cut-out temperature of 60°c set by the manufacturer, or has it been altered by the previous owner? If it's been altered, maybe the fans kick in just after the 60°c point, but as the machine has already crashed by that point, I wouldn't ever know.

habdab

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to answer but it seems no one read my question properly.
It was installed on my hdd, otherwise I wouldn't be having problems getting it to autorun would I?
I solved it myself by downloading and installing a different version. Obviously there was something wrong with the version that came with the Graphics card.