Question Gigabyte P15 Power Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2020
Hi there,

I've got a Gigabyte P15 Laptop and all of a sudden it shut down and stopped working. It won't power on.

When I try power it on (without the charging cable) the Power LED flashes green and that's it.

When I try power it on (with the charging cable & the battery) the Power LED flashes green twice and stays on orange.

The battery LED status is also green when the cable is plugged in.

Any ideas to get this started back up or if it's a hardware failure.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass the SKU to your Gigabyte laptop? You might want to see if you can remove the battery from the laptop, with no power cables connected to the laptop, then press and hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds. Try powering up the laptop with the power adapter only.

Also, might want to take out the sticks of ram and then take an eraser and rub along the gold contacts of the ram sticks. Replace the rams after cleaning the debris from the eraser.

Feb 3, 2020
Can you pass the SKU to your Gigabyte laptop? You might want to see if you can remove the battery from the laptop, with no power cables connected to the laptop, then press and hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds. Try powering up the laptop with the power adapter only.

Also, might want to take out the sticks of ram and then take an eraser and rub along the gold contacts of the ram sticks. Replace the rams after cleaning the debris from the eraser.
The only thing on my laptop I can find is the model P15 (no version). No luck with the cable only trick, it just sticks on orange. I'm gonna get a small screwdriver today to open up the back panel and try access it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.