Question Gigabyte P35-DS3L --- BIOS update help

Nov 20, 2020
Fist of all, excuse me for my bad english, since it's not my native language

Hi guys, I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3L motherboard and I want to update my BIOS from F8 to F9 so I can connect a Quad core into it
I'm SO afraid of doing this, I saw a lot of tutorials and seems to be a simple task with Q-FLASH.

What I need to know is, I downloaded the BIOS from the Gigabyte web, but it extracted into 3 files,
-P35DS3L.F9
-FLASHSPI.EXE
-autoexec.bat

Do I have to copy all the files to the USB drive? Or just the P35DS3L.F9 one?
In all the tutorials or videos I saw, nobody has 3 files, only one, I'm afraid to do something wrong

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system you're writing this post on is the P35 board, you can use the FlashPI.EXE file to initiate the flash. Right click the exe file>Run as Administrator. If that doesn't work, take a pen drive that is FAT32 formatted and have the .F9 file in the root directory.

Boot to BIOS and use Q-Flash for the board. Per your manual, here, page 62-66, you have more than one way to update the BIOS.

Wait, what revision number are you on for your motherboard? Revision 1.0 or 2.0? What CPU do you have right now and what CPU do you want to update to?

Nov 20, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system you're writing this post on is the P35 board, you can use the FlashPI.EXE file to initiate the flash. Right click the exe file>Run as Administrator. If that doesn't work, take a pen drive that is FAT32 formatted and have the .F9 file in the root directory.

Boot to BIOS and use Q-Flash for the board. Per your manual, here, page 62-66, you have more than one way to update the BIOS.

Wait, what revision number are you on for your motherboard? Revision 1.0 or 2.0? What CPU do you have right now and what CPU do you want to update to?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

I saw A LOT of articles saying to avoid flashing the BIOS via Windows, and all recommendations says to do it via Q-Flash
So now that you say that the only file I need to copy into the USB drive (format FAT32) is the .F9 file, I'm more calm about it

The motherboard is REV. 2.0, and right now is running an E8400 3.0Ghz (I LOVE that CPU) but I need a little extra power, or maybe not power, just 2 extra cores so the game I want play with my friends runs smoother (as a second PC when a friend come over to play)
I want to update the BIOS so I can replace the E8400 for a Q9400