Gigabyte P37X v4 Gaming Notebook Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
typo; 0.9" thick not wide.
AT LAST! A laptop manufacturer that supports the Samsung M9T 2TB mechanical hard drive. MSI and Asus don't offer it from the factory AFAIK.

chaosmassive

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
I simply fail to see what the purpose for gaming laptop, like you just gaming for 2 hours then need to recharge, where is fun in that? not mention overpriced laptop.

Anders235

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
I simply fail to see what the purpose for gaming laptop, like you just gaming for 2 hours then need to recharge, where is fun in that? not mention overpriced laptop.

They're for people who find themselves in places where space is very short. People in small apartments, or anyone in Japan.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013

I bought a 17.3" gaming laptop to take when traveling to my kids houses as well as using outside on patio on nice days or using downstairs. Sign on to kids wifi and can do personal stuff as well as reading news, playing games (during dead times) and watching football games when their main TV was otherwise occupied.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013

I bought a 17.3" gaming laptop to take when traveling to my kids houses as well as using outside on patio on nice days or using downstairs. Sign on to kids wifi and can do personal stuff as well as reading news, playing games (during dead times) and watching football games when their main TV was otherwise occupied.

dE_logics

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015

They're for people who find themselves in places where space is very short. People in small apartments, or anyone in Japan.

You can always have space to hold a box and a monitor (I think...). However the major advantage is you can game anywhere where there is a power socket in contrast to a desktop where you can play only at home.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I understand what you mean but let me tell you a situation where i regretted moving my pc.
We did a lan party some 3 months ago, with some friends from unreal tournament. i am talking about 30-40yo ppl who were playing together for years since 1999.
I had so much trouble move my pc and monitor and cables and keyboards , plus the switch and stuff to help for the lan party. I was envy of 2 of my friends who brought very decent laptops for gaming.

next lanparty i will think twice before moving my huge pc with it's watercooling and 5hard disks on, just to play.

I am confused.
Heat only shows GPU? No CPU?
Prime 95 and futuremark togehter should be tested. THis is especially important since heatsink is connected to both fans, gpu and cpu.

Finally, No room temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.