Gigabyte P57W v6 vs. Asus Strix GL502VM-DB71 or competitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beentothefuture

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Hey guys, I am about to hit the road for 12 months traveling to small towns across the country. I have been a desktop gamer for a long time, but I don't have too much experience with laptops. I am hoping to get a laptop that can play my steam library. It will also be used for work purposes as I travel. I have been looking at reviews for awhile now and it seems like the Gigabyte P57W v6 vs. Asus Strix GL502VM-DB71 are the top value computers for the price.

I am looking to spend less than $1500 and would prefer if I could find something around $1000. I will be making my purchase in about 2 weeks, so I am trying to do as much research as possible until then. Let me know if you have any suggestions on builds I should check out or if you have a preference for one of the ones listed above. Thanks!

beentothefuture

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Also, I am very cautious about buying anything with known overheating issues. Part of the reason why I selected the two above is because Tom's reviews say that they are very good at cooling.

beentothefuture

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from beentothefuture : "Need help deciding which laptop"

Hey guys, I am about to hit the road for 12 months traveling to small towns across the country. I have been a desktop gamer for a long time, but I don't have too much experience with laptops. I am hoping to get a laptop that can play my steam library. It will also be used for work purposes as I travel. I have been looking at reviews for awhile now and it seems like the Gigabyte P57W v6 vs. Asus Strix GL502VM-DB71 are the top value computers for the price.

I am looking to spend less than $1500 and would prefer if I could find something around $1000. I will be making my purchase in about 2 weeks, so I am trying to do as much research as possible until then. Let me know if you have any suggestions on builds I should check out or if you have a preference for one of the ones listed above. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.