Jun 27, 2020
Hi
My system:
Asus prime a520m-a
Asus dual rx 6600
Ryzen 5 3600
2x8 3200mhz ram
1 mvme 500gb 1 hdd 1tb
Is the gigabyte p650b safe and good for my system becouse i bought the system now and i have it and i thought its a gigabyte so it will be good but now when i have seen some bad rewiews of them exploding is this exploding thing with this model too ? And if its not am i fine to use this psu for about 1 year ? Im thinking of upgrading it to a corsair cv650 idk if i shuld do it and if the gigabyte will hold me 1 year of use without exploding

Solution
Hard to say. The exploding series was the GP-X50GM series. Yours is the P-X50B, which scores a C on the Tier List. If you can still return the PSU and buy a different one, go for it. The Corsair CV series also scores a C on the tier list, so it won't be much of an improvement (though it's colored in gold, which means it's one of the better performing PSUs in that tier.

Good budget high tier PSUs are the Corsair TX650M, Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 650W, MSI MPG A650GF, EVGA SuperNOVA G6, etc. Those are all 70 dollars or below, all in the A tier.
Hard to say. The exploding series was the GP-X50GM series. Yours is the P-X50B, which scores a C on the Tier List. If you can still return the PSU and buy a different one, go for it. The Corsair CV series also scores a C on the tier list, so it won't be much of an improvement (though it's colored in gold, which means it's one of the better performing PSUs in that tier.

Good budget high tier PSUs are the Corsair TX650M, Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 650W, MSI MPG A650GF, EVGA SuperNOVA G6, etc. Those are all 70 dollars or below, all in the A tier.

Solution

Janis1121123

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020

Do you know if the gigabyte will hold me a year or more or do you think it will die fast cuz i cant seem to find rewiews on this model

Do you know if the gigabyte will hold me a year or more or do you think it will die fast cuz i cant seem to find rewiews on this model
Hard to say. It's average, maybe a bit below average in some respects. It didn't review well.

Im thinking of upgrading it to a corsair cv650 idk if i shuld do it
Not much of an upgrade. Still a low budget model and not optimal for a gaming system. Corsair RM550x would be a very good upgrade and plenty of power for your specs. Worth the extra cost.

DSzymborski

Titan
Hi
My system:
Asus prime a520m-a
Asus dual rx 6600
Ryzen 5 3600
2x8 3200mhz ram
1 mvme 500gb 1 hdd 1tb
Is the gigabyte p650b safe and good for my system becouse i bought the system now and i have it and i thought its a gigabyte so it will be good but now when i have seen some bad rewiews of them exploding is this exploding thing with this model too ? And if its not am i fine to use this psu for about 1 year ? Im thinking of upgrading it to a corsair cv650 idk if i shuld do it and if the gigabyte will hold me 1 year of use without exploding

A CV 650 is not much of an upgrade.

I would have zero faith in a Gigabyte PSU. A modern Corsair CX is the least expensive PSU I'd be willing to use in this system.

No reviews is a good sign. Usually.
It's honestly a gamble. I don't know how long you've had it for already. You're not overly stressing the PSU with your current system. It only has a 1 year warranty where I live. Quality PSUs come with a 10 or sometimes even 12 year warranty, the in-betweens come with a 5 year warranty. This being a 1 year product doesn't exactly show the manufacturers trust in it.

Like @geofelt says, even upper tier PSUs can be bad. I personally can't recommend sticking with your PSU.