D_Walker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Hi all have a real Noob question concerning a Gigabyte Mobo.

The book is great laying out Pos and neg per connection.
My question which is pin one Pos, or negative?

Thanks ahead of time )

D_Walker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I see your point.

I will use an Antec case as an example. the one pin is marked by a Triangle shape on the connector.
So Antec marks pin one.

Gigabyte notes on the layout pages Positive and negative on the board without saying which is pin 1.

I am loading an EP45-UD3P in an Antec box. The one way connectors are easy. The front panel ones are the challenge.
The front panel connectors are speaker, power switch, HDD activity etc.
I can guess and pick one as pin 1 and see if it works I am sure would not fry the board or processor. If not well reverse the
connections and she will wheeerrrrrrrr to life and work right.

Thanks

ok now we know you are talking front panel

it doesnt matter which way around the power switch and the reset switch are wired .It completes a circuit or doesnt .

the hard drive activity LED and power LED will only run if the polarity is right but no harm comes if you get it wrong first time . You have a 50% chance of getting thiese right on the first try , and 100 % on the second try

Front panel connectors - the white wire on each pair goes to the appropriate negative terminal. Having said that, the switches are non-polarized. It will not make any difference. My 900's use the fan LED's for a power indicator.

If the drive light does not come on, reverse the connector. With the connector backward, the drive LED is reversed biased. No current flows, so you cannot hurt it.

As far as Pin 1 is concerned, look on page 27. The relatively large drawing matches the orientation on the motherboard drawing. See where the speaker goes (pins 14, 16, 18, and 20)? Pins 13, 15, 17, and 19 are not there. Further, if you look really close, you can see labels printed on the motherboard between the socket and the edge of the motherboard.

Keep in mind that you will need a system speaker. It's not built into the motherboard and Antec doesn't include one.

D_Walker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Both of you were great with reply's. Trial and error took care of the issue.
I found out white is negative in antec so is even better.

She is wherrrrrring away as I type. Dual core does process things faster )

Thanks