Gigabyte Previews GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Card, Hints At Xtreme Gaming SKU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Gigabyte, if you are reading (or care) PLEASE fix OC GURU in all of it's versions, before releasing a newline of GPUs.

It fails on many fronts, here's a few but not limited to:

1- Profiles sometimes do not save
2- OSD never has worked on ANY version
3- When setting up profiles w/SLI, they (GPUs) do not sync and have to be done individually then synced

These have been MY personal experiences, hence why I use MSI AB/Riva.

Given that yields of 1080s are low right now and that these are still 1 8 pin only, what exactly is the testing going to consist of? Best power efficiency among the 5 they have on hand? Overclock might get to a max of 2100 if they are lucky but that leaves no headroom for you.

Ahmedivx

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
The Asus Strix is 8+6 pins it's not clear on the G1 or Xtreme models from Gigabyte or the Gaming X8 model from MSI but we can see more 8+6 pins in the future

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Gigabyte, if you are reading (or care) PLEASE fix OC GURU in all of it's versions, before releasing a newline of GPUs.

It fails on many fronts, here's a few but not limited to:

1- Profiles sometimes do not save
2- OSD never has worked on ANY version
3- When setting up profiles w/SLI, they (GPUs) do not sync and have to be done individually then synced

These have been MY personal experiences, hence why I use MSI AB/Riva.

Why bother trying to get them to do it better than MSI when MSI AB will work with any GPU?

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Looks good overall. However, they could have gone for an 8+6 pin or 8+8 pin design. Even though Pascal is quite efficient, throttling due to power consumption is unfortunate when you don't mind the extra power draw. With good VRM circuitry and a custom BIOS past generation cards could be pushed nicely past the power limit.

Hope to see similar things here, especially since Gigabyte's Windforce cards have been some of my favorites recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.