[SOLVED] Gigabyte qualified

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hi, I was thinking to change thermal paste on my new gpu Rtx 2060 cause of high temps. The card is new but fan speed hits aproximatelly 80 percent. But there is a sticker on a backplate on a screw and it says Gigabyte qualified. So if I remove that sticker do I loose warranty?

Solution
I was risky because i thought of a date of manufacture: 2019., 2021. - 2019 is 2 year difference.
i wouldn't really worry about it with this card or any future version.
unless there is a fault with the manufacturing that is leading to heat issues or some very serious overclocking going on no one should really ever need to worry about changing their GPU's thermal paste/adhesive/pads.

for some reason it's become a big trend for new PC gamers to tear apart their brand new GPUs and fiddle with the paste.
but besides that they've blown the warranty on a very expensive piece of hardware,
you will see many threads with those same users complaining about ending up with even worse temperatures and other issues like their new pads not...

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Why do you want to or need to remove the sticker? As I understand your post the reason is/may be high temps and you wish to re-apply thermal paste.

High temps could be due to any number of reasons.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU; make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Case? Fans? Fan installations/arrangement?

Are you able to take a couple of photographs showing GPU, case, fan. etc. and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com)?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, I was thinking to change thermal paste on my new gpu Rtx 2060 cause of high temps. The card is new but fan speed hits aproximatelly 80 percent. But there is a sticker on a backplate on a screw and it says Gigabyte qualified. So if I remove that sticker do I loose warranty?
80% fan speed under load is not even bad and their nothing you need to do.
Why risk screwing up a new card as much as they cost today.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
80% fan speed under load is not even bad and their nothing you need to do.
Why risk screwing up a new card as much as they cost today.
I was risky because i thought of a date of manufacture: 2019., 2021. - 2019 is 2 year difference. I assumed the paste was worn out. But who knows, maybe this card is completly new. Btw I didnt touch nothing as being said on this forum. So I'll leave her as it is, and the card is very good, happy me, i bought my self a present for incoming days. Bye

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I was risky because i thought of a date of manufacture: 2019., 2021. - 2019 is 2 year difference. I assumed the paste was worn out. But who knows, maybe this card is completly new. Btw I didnt touch nothing as being said on this forum. So I'll leave her as it is, and the card is very good, happy me, i bought my self a present for incoming days. Bye
I still have a old 6970 card and have never changed the paste, in fact I have never had to change the paste on any video card or processor and still have a old i5 2500K in a PC that is still used with the original paste.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
That reminds me of my celeron 1,8 GHz, the pc lasted for 8 years and as well as you, I never thought of reaplying paste. Didnt even knew how to remove heatsink back than from cpu. Enjoy man. Thanks for advice.

I was risky because i thought of a date of manufacture: 2019., 2021. - 2019 is 2 year difference.
unless there is a fault with the manufacturing that is leading to heat issues or some very serious overclocking going on no one should really ever need to worry about changing their GPU's thermal paste/adhesive/pads.

for some reason it's become a big trend for new PC gamers to tear apart their brand new GPUs and fiddle with the paste.
but besides that they've blown the warranty on a very expensive piece of hardware,
you will see many threads with those same users complaining about ending up with even worse temperatures and other issues like their new pads not being the proper thickness, etc so not working correctly.

just curious;
you mentioned high temps, but not what exactly.
what are the average idle, gaming, & stressing temps you are hitting?

Solution

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
More information needed.

Why do you want to or need to remove the sticker? As I understand your post the reason is/may be high temps and you wish to re-apply thermal paste.

Are you able to take a couple of photographs showing GPU, case, fan. etc. and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com)?

you will see many threads with those same users complaining about ending up with even worse temperatures and other issues like their new pads not being the proper thickness, etc so not working correctly.

just curious;
I think not that high. About 75 degrees. They srent extremly high. Perhaps I'm not used to it. Temps arent extreme.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I think not that high. About 75 degrees. They srent extremly high. Perhaps I'm not used to it. Temps arent extreme.

just curious;
And the card cannot be overclocked cause power limit of 100 percent. I removed side panel to help card to disipate heat better. I paid a lot so I'm taking care of my gpu.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

just curious;
I have case : Thermaltake Versa N26, cpu 9600kf, 16 GB ram, one intake fan, one on top and aio liquid cooler on a back of the casr.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
More information needed.

Thermaltake Versa N26, cpu 9600kf, 16 GB ram, one intake fan, one on top and aio liquid cooler on a back of the case. Mbo is gigabyte aourus b365m elite.
More information needed.

I just wanna add that my temps looks fine i think i was mistaken they dont go over 71 degrees, far away from peak temp, mission complete. Because of fan spininig faster i thought temps are so high. Thank you all. New card i had to get use to it. Regards