[SOLVED] Gigabyte R9 270x not displaying third screen...with a twist

vivalajam26

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
So I have recently just upgraded my Wacom Intros Pro to the Cintiq 16. It all works great, apart from one problem.

The screen doesn't work when two other monitors are plugged in.

Originally I had 2 Dell ultrasharps plugged into the R9 270X Video Card, one through HDMI and the other through display port. Since the Cintiq needs the HDMI, I bought a HDMI - DVI cable and used that on one of the Dells. Both Monitors work great.

Now, if I plug the Cintiq into the machine with both the monitors plugged in, win10 doesn't detect it. If I unplug one of the monitors, the Cintiq works. If I plug it back in, then the Cintiq says "No signal. Going to power mode" and shuts down.

The way I have the screens set up is as follows:
Display port: Dell 01
HDMI: Cintiq 16
DVI: Dell 02.

The twist is that Windows KNOWS the Cintiq is there when the other monitors are plugged in. When i click on it all the "scale and layout" settings are grayed out, and the advanced display settings tells me "Display 2 isn't active".
iUJQKBJ.png

gKBw5qJ.png

All the drivers are up to date, and I've looked online as well. I even found this article here that had a similar problem. However the turning it off and on again trick didn't seem to work, and I can't seem to access "AMD Catalyst" or even download it. I have the AMD Radeon settings installed, but every time I go to download the drivers for the card from the site, it's already the same update that I already have.

Win10 device manager detects the Cintiq, but has all the screens listed as "Generic PnP Monitor".

As I said, the Cintiq works absolutely fine when a second monitor isn't plugged in, but the fact this is an issue is driving me made.

My machine specs can be found here if this is helpful.

vivalajam26

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

Sweet, I'll give it ago this evening, thanks!