Gigabyte R9 390 94C 100% fan speed

Starlight1

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
So I bought the Gigabyte R9 390 G1 about a year ago for my first PC build and in the beginning everything was doing okay. A couple of months later I replaced the thermal paste on the card because it was getting a bit hotter (85C - 90C at 25C room temperature) cuz Summer was coming. After that the temps were fine again but now the card is getting to 94C with 100% fan speed with the case closed (~11000 points) and 87C and ~80% (~8300 points) fan speed with the sidepanel off of the case in 3DMark Firestrike at a room temperature of 25C (I dont get why the points were much lower with the side panel off aswell) . My case has okay airflow but its not great (Cooler Master Silencio 452). And my i7 4790k stayed at like 60C during Firestrike (It also has a massive cooler - beQuiet Shadow Rock 2). I bought the card cuz a lot of people said that Gigabytes card had good cooling at an okay noise-level but at the moment it just sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is still really hot. I know that its okay for the card to run at 94C temperature but the noise is just absolutely insane! So my goal is basically just wanting the PC to be a bit quieter and cooler.

All of the specs of my PC:

Gigabyte R9 390 G1 Gaming
i7 4790k / 4.0 GHz
beQuiet Pure Power L8 530w
Crucial Ballistix 8GB RAM
beQuiet Shadow Rock 2
Cooler Master Silencio 452
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
1TB HDD
Win 10
I used MSI Afterburner to see the temps

Thanks for reading and if anyone could help me it would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day :)

Solution

Wow! Get yourself 2 more intake and 1 more exhaust fans. Preferably you should replace all your case fans with ones that can boost up to at least 2000 RPM.

Starlight1

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
@BringerOfTea Hmm.. maybe I can send the card back .. though I bought it about a year ago - I also already replaced the thermal paste like 6-7 months ago, do you think I should replace it again or would that not help (I used Arctic MX-4)

CorsairSSC

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016

Wow! Get yourself 2 more intake and 1 more exhaust fans. Preferably you should replace all your case fans with ones that can boost up to at least 2000 RPM.

Solution

Starlight1

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
I can only add 1 more fan as an intake but I think Ill do that and exchange the other 2 low speed fans for higher speed ones. Do you have any recommendations for the fans? (I heard that Corsair has some good ones)