Gigabyte R9280x Undervolting

DeltaXi1867

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
I have a gigabyte R9 280x that I have been having some artifact glitches with. I have contacted support and they have asked me about my power supply which is a Corsair CSM550. It is under the 600w min that the R9 280x suggests. So I was going to try to under volt the card to make sure my power supply is not creating the issue.

I created a back up of the bios in-case I needed it. Downloaded ATIwinflash and VBE-7 and change the voltage on a copy of the bios. Flashed it and restarted the computer no issues.

Now when I run a benchmark it still goes up to 1.2V which I was trying to lower it from. I have no clue why it will not work. I thought a custom bios was the solution to the locked volatge of the Gigabyte R9 280x. Any help?

DeltaXi1867

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
I have tried under-clocking it does not fix the issue. Also the problem is random sometimes I can game for hours on end no issues what so ever. Other times I will play and immediately see artifacts glitches. On rare occasions the card will crash shutting down the game but not the computer. If you have any other ideas what it would be. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!