[SOLVED] Gigabyte Radeon 5700xt shuts down pc!

Jan 31, 2020
PC RIG:
Asus Rog Strix b450-f Gaming
Gigabyte Radeon 5700 xt
Amd r7 3700x(Wraith Prism Cooler)
G.skill Aegis 16GB (1 module)
PSU: MS-N750-VAL-CM (750w)

CPU IDLE TEMP (40C)
CPU UNDER LOAD TEMP(50C-60C)
GPU UNDER LOAD TEMP(55C-56C)

So my problem is with this temps in-games my pc just randomly shuts down after 2-5 minutes of gameplay. Everthing is stock btw all drivers are up-to-date.
Please help.
Thank you.

I would check the RAM first. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut, type mdsched.exe, and click OK to launch the tool.
Check again your BIOS if your RAM profile to see if it's overclocked. If you can adjust the RAM with it's manufactures default values manually. (CPU-Z to find this info).

To check out if your PSU can't provide the required power use a multiplier to check the rails under load. If you don't know how, then download the HWinfo, load the sensors and check the voltages 3.3v - 5v - 12v under load (while gaming).

EphyMusic

Commendable
May 4, 2017
I have to agree, this sounds more like a Power Supply issue. It COULD be a conflict between the card and some other piece of hardware, but the likelihood of that is pretty darn low. Get a new PSU (750W should still do the trick) and try again.

Edit: I might also suggest getting AMD Link on your phone and hooking that up to your Radeon Software, and enabling the "GPU Power" Metric and keeping an eye on that, see where it craps out.

jakobee

Commendable
Apr 20, 2020
I have to agree, this sounds more like a Power Supply issue. It COULD be a conflict between the card and some other piece of hardware, but the likelihood of that is pretty darn low. Get a new PSU (750W should still do the trick) and try again.

Edit: I might also suggest getting AMD Link on your phone and hooking that up to your Radeon Software, and enabling the "GPU Power" Metric and keeping an eye on that, see where it craps out.
I have the same graphics card but a CX 650M, is that enough wattage for the card?