[SOLVED] Gigabyte Radeon RX 590 8gb. Issue lagging

Jan 20, 2019
Ok so i ordered a Gigabyte RADEON Rx 590 graphics card from newegg brand new to replace my Evga gtx 950 that was weak. I used DDU to get rid of old drivers. I installed new drivers. worked AMAZING ran everything i play on ultra at 1080p like gta V and Car mechanic simulator 2018. Anyway it runs good then when you dont expect it and you launch a game its like the card is weaker than the 950 i had it lags and doesn't even get warm. I have uninstalled reinstalled drivers, Reformatted my pc. I updated my bios. i done everything i could think of.
WHEN THE CARD WORKS ITS AMAZING..... WHEN IT WORKS! For example i run ultra settings on Car mechanic simulator 2018 and it does great, I go to launch it later and its laggy and the fans dont even come on to cool the card cause its not getting warm! idk what to do at this point.
Pc Specs
Motherboard Asrock AB350M Not the pro version
AMD RYZEN 3 1200 cpu
Gskill ripjaw ram ddr4 16gb
Evga 750GQ powersupply
2 240gb SSD
1 500gb HDD
once the RGB fusion locked up and the leds where stuck on green. I use the smart led so its green when cold yellow when medium load. Red for max load. But since i reformatted that software works now, I read online that RGB fusion is trash. AORUS ENGINE is also on it. and then the radeon settings/drivers. Im losing my patience with this thing. I have always wanted to make my pc full AMD now i am wondering... thanks for any advice.

Solution
Perhaps your problem isn't the card, but the CPU thermals?

IDK, it's a weird scenario since it sometimes works fine.

Try monitoring your CPU temps AND your power limit in Ryzen master when it's acting up. See what is happening with the CPU at that time. Make sure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed as well. Use the ones from the AMD website for B350 chipset, not the ones from the motherboard product page.

Try monitoring your CPU temps AND your power limit in Ryzen master when it's acting up. See what is happening with the CPU at that time. Make sure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed as well. Use the ones from the AMD website for B350 chipset, not the ones from the motherboard product page.

Reactions: shakyshane
Solution
Jan 20, 2019

problem has been fixed it was not rgb fusion it was arous engine. uninstalled that and its worked fine ever since

TRENDING THREADS