Review Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT Eagle Review: Clipped Wings

artk2219

Distinguished
I am glad at least it doesn't explode. In any case, I feel the cutback is to be expected given that the Eagle series is Gigabyte's entry level model.

I agree some compromises are expected with entry level models, but the crazy thing is they didn't have to. I can't see the build cost on that longer triple fan model being any cheaper than some of the shorter dual fans models that are available. Eh who knows maybe they had a bunch of those fans, or could source them super cheaply, still doesn't explain the long heatsink or extra plastic etc on the card.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Something about JD and Turk screaming “Eagle”.

in all seriousness, wow, this is truly budget in every sense of the word, it could be worse, but wow.

reminds me of my first blower card, GTX 660, and how loud and hot it ran (this was an oem design on an Alienware system).

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Every large computer brand produces faulty hardware or software sooner or later.
The difference, which matters is in how they treat the issue — and the customers affected by it.
This was Gigabyte's biggest failure with the PSU.
This I totally agree. I am not upset with failing products from Gigabyte. I am upset with the way they handle the issue. And considering this may be a potential fire hazard, or may end up killing something in the computer (where warranty gets void), it is highly irresponsible of Gigabyte to delay a recall and try to blame it on reviewers. Worst of all, they are bundling these PSU with GPUs despite knowing almost a year back of the issue. This just shows they don't care. Anyway, no more Gigabyte products for me after 2 decades of supporting them by buying their motherboards.

Back to the topic of this GPU.

Reactions: artk2219