News Gigabyte Registers GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 16GB GPU

I wonder if these repurposed current-gen (soon to be previous gen) GPUs will be priced to sell - i.e. that the RRP of this new RTX 3070Ti will be same price (or cheaper) than the old RTX 3070Ti, despite having double the VRAM.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Given the latest revolutionary not-a-fad regarding generative text-to-image ML models running on PC, which is finally a good personal use case for VRAM above 8GB besides the very latest AAA games...This might make someone happy.

Sep 19, 2022
Given the latest revolutionary not-a-fad regarding generative text-to-image ML models running on PC, which is finally a good personal use case for VRAM above 8GB besides the very latest AAA games...This might make someone happy.
Depending on the price, cause a 4060 potentially will push more and consume around the same

Sep 19, 2022
I wonder if these repurposed current-gen (soon to be previous gen) GPUs will be priced to sell - i.e. that the RRP of this new RTX 3070Ti will be same price (or cheaper) than the old RTX 3070Ti, despite having double the VRAM.
Even so, why should I buy a 700$+ GPU if potentially the 4060 will go faster?

I personally don't think the VRAM alone can justify that, and if you really need 16+ gb of VRAM you're doing a job that doesn't need you to check out on components, and I'm talking about professional use because 16gb of VRAM for the kind of gaming this GPU can offer are not necessary

SSGBryan

Reputable
Jan 29, 2021
I would buy two of these in a heartbeat - I don't care about the gaming aspect, but for 3d art (Poser 12 will use multiple GPUs) - this is exactly what I want.