Gigabyte Releases Three GTX 1060 3 GB Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for their G1 Gaming RX 480 to hit the market; they've finally announced their clockspeeds on their website, after doing their initial paper launch several weeks ago.

Taintedskittles

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I'm curious how that 3Gb of vram will cripple the card at 1080p ultra. We're already using more than 3gig's. The memory compression can't be that good to make up the difference. Guess this card is meant for very high settings and no mSAA. Sounds like a waste. Will be interesting to see benchmarks.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
What hurts the card more are the 1152 cuda cores verse the 1280 cuda cores. It isn't a night and day performance difference, but enough to make the RX 480 4GB a better deal at $200. Typical nVidia shenanigans, give a card with less performance the same name and hope people buy it.

TaintedSkittles,
There is no relationship between VRAM capacity and memory compression. Memory compression allows slower memory to perform the same as faster memory without memory compression.

With not enough VRAM, the data ends up on the main SYSTEM memory (i.e. DDR4). It must be MOVED to VRAM before it can be used, and will still use memory compression anyway.

bazoka1942

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
i wanna know gtx 1060 6g windforce oc how much max temps people said about 72c but i see some other 77c ?? my target is max 75c + oc and acceptable custom fan so if any can give info
and how much 1 heat pipe vs 2 heat pipes for g1 can cause temps difference exp: -3c -4c -5c !? tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.