News Gigabyte Reveals First GeForce RTX 3090 With a Blower Design

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
well , if it is cheaper , then it is a perfect choice for watercooling. no need to spend on expensive cards with extra large air cooling.

I even encourage Gigabyte to sell cards without any cooler at all . for Watercooling , it would be at least $100 less.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
well , if it is cheaper , then it is a perfect choice for watercooling. no need to spend on expensive cards with extra large air cooling.

I even encourage Gigabyte to sell cards without any cooler at all . for Watercooling , it would be at least $100 less.

Really depends on the design. It's interesting as Nvidia's releases are not 'reference' design.... Although I'm sure AIB partners have been given a reference design.

Gigabyte already sell their 'Waterforce' etc that ship with a waterblock, so doubtful they'd ever go that route. Going to be more lucrative to sell PCB + Waterblock than just PCB. Interesting concept though.

Nov 21, 2020
This design is meant for servers packing one card for every 2 pcie slots, 8 or 10 cards into a 4u server.

The pcie plug placement is the dead giveaway -- the rear of the card is where you put these power plugs on server GPUs.