Gigabyte Reveals the A88X Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The availability of PCIe does not diminish the value of a APU, it enhances its value. As Toms latest review showed the lower clocked 750K was keeping up and beating a 965BE and 4300, the 6800K has higher clocks and faster native memory support so should add performance despite the IGPU which can just be disabled in BIOS.

Is it wrong to add high end flavour to the FM2 socket, it was mostly the masses that branded a A-Series lowend, but for what the socket offers you get lots for little, forgive me for not complaining.

Justin Pinotti

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
@rolli59 because first of all their current APUs actually preform quite well in the graphics department and hopefully their new lineup will be a lot better... and if they fix the frame latency issue with dual GPUs then its gonna sell like wildfire

Justin Pinotti

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
@rolli59 because first of all their current APUs actually preform quite well in the graphics department and hopefully their new lineup will be a lot better... and if they fix the frame latency issue with dual GPUs then its gonna sell like wildfire

I was just pointing at the fact that manufacturers use marketing slogans to sell products to the consumers. The APU is a fine CPU but an FX8350 or Intel I5 will beat it at gaming all the time and those married to a discrete mid and upper range GPU is a better gaming solution than APU joined with a low range GPU in Xfire.

KrazyKap

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
The FM2+ platform looks like it won't just be for APUs. There are already FM2 CPUs without integrated graphics, and it's the platform that AMD seems most interested at the moment, so it makes sense that higher end parts/more expenisve parts such as these motherboards will be brought across to FM2+, rather than AM3+ at this stage.

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
@KrazyKap

I have a feeling you are dead on. There have already been rumors that the FX-9590 may be the last FX CPU, and it seems about time to update from the AMx(+) sockets, so I would not be surprised to see the high end CPU offerings moved over to the FMx(+) sockets and rebadged as something different.

Will be nice too thanks to the severe lack of any quality mATX or mITX boards for AM3+, and even a lack of many high end features seen standard on other platforms on the full ATX side, all of which the FMx(+) platforms seem to have.

@rolli59 you are dead wrong a10 6800k is very close to a i5 3330

streamroller cores i suspect will boost it to i5 3470 or hell stomp all over it and i own a i5 3330 and it suitable for gaming

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3330-vs-AMD-A10-6800K

and have you seen the energy draw of a 8350 a fx 6300 is far better performance per watt and enough for gaming to me only a idiot buys a 8350 for gaming as its just as expensive as a i5 lol all i hope for is that steamroller is more energy efficient then

if they can keep

energy down
core clock up
and better gpu

That will sell it really i wouldnt be surprised if a10 streamroller kicks a i5 3470 in the teeth and a8 will kick i3 in the teeth leaving only i7 as intels main selling point

i just hope they fix the video encoding as i believe trinity and richland suffered from this

as for fx cpus hando i believe streamroller will be on the am3+ socket i believe i read that somewhere

Had no choice of 6800K so went with both previous generations http://anandtech.com/bench/product/675?vs=363
Nobody knows what is going to happen with Steamroller outside AMD.

true to form trinity isnt much better then richland its probly 10 percent better the issue with richland is its memory 2133mhz i believe due to the boards not supporting it properly least the a75 could have been fixed by now which may have bumped that up as apus take advantage of high memory

plus my main point is they perform enough how many people are going to want more then 60 frames and this doesnt state if its got the 6670 amd ddr5 with it which effects the peformance alot and i can get both for roughly the same price as a i5 2400

which ranges from 130 to 140

my main point is in most tests not all it can be damn fairly close in every day peformance and server work loads

gaming it does just dandy for the every day user and kaveri has had alot of news hell the fm2 + boards are suspected to hit this month sometime so kaveri will just be round the corner probly december or january as i read somewhere they were pushing it for more performance which clearly states that there still trying possibly to dominate i3 and i5 areas

frank83

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
@KrazyKrap

Forgive me for asking, but which FM2 cpus do not come with Radeon cores? A quick search on AMD.com shows that all APUs have Radeon cores. I agree with you that AMD seems more focused on APUs right now, so there will probably be better ones coming and more support for them, and all Intel CPUs have integrated graphics now anyway.

It may be worth looking into for the performance/dollar.

hes most likely refering to amd athlon fm2 series

Status
Not open for further replies.