Gigabyte Reveals Trio of Z87 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I'm Sorry but i just don't see enough power gains to justify upgrading to this. I'd say to those who are considering doing their first build, go for it. Those who need to upgrade because their system is 5 years old, yes. But anyone who has built lately, Um No.

rrbronstein

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Captain obvious...

Interestingly, Gigabyte's Estonia site (Yay google) has an LGA1150 page, with 16 boards, including H87 too: http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/select1/mb/socket_1150/

EDIT: Well, looking at the MB pages there is no actual data on the boards :(. We do get names though...

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
The Z87X-UD4H looks nice with the red on the heat sinks, it's better looking than the UD5H. Also nice to see both boards have a debug LED, the placement could make seeing it a pain, it's between the memory slots and main power connector. However I won't be buying one of these as I just built a new system on March 1st.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Is it just me or does anyone else think it is wierd that everyone is changing their color schemes. I was expecting Gigabyte's stanard blue and black, but I gotta say I like the look of the UD4H...that red is sharp.

Chaoss

Honorable
May 3, 2013
The CPU's for this platform perform the same as the current gen ones, they also have the same specs :/. When I start seeing 4Ghz 8 core CPU's I'll be happy

There are (or at least close) - look at the FX-8350. Thing is that in the last few years it's the architecture that's improved the most - specs are pointless. By that logic, in single threaded programs, an FX chip at 4GHz will toast Ivy @3. It doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.