Question Gigabyte RGB Fusion issues with RAM.

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

I have 2x Kingston HyperX Fury RGB sticks that used to work with Gigabyte's "RGB Fusion" software. They updated the RGB Fusion application recently and it worked fine for a while, but slowly started to be unresponsive intermittently (the colours werent changing and the RAM did not show up in the RGB Fusion software). I havent been able to locate the old version, so wasnt able to roll back the installation.

I've done fresh installs, reset CMOS etc. still to no avail. I'm 100% sure the motherboard or the ram sticks aren't at fault because when I use Kingston's own NGenuity app, i am able to control the lighting, but sadly due to some apparent exclusive access requirements, NGenuity wont let RGB Fusion run at the same time. Despite this RGB Fusion still doesn't seem to detect the RAM. I've tried swapping slots and reseating the RAM as well.

Does anyone else have these problems with Gigabyte mobos and the latest RGB Fusion?

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the model for your Gigabyte motherboard. You should also see if your motherboard has a BIOS update pending. If you have updates to go through, work you way up to the latest revision. Which slots are the rams populating on your motherboard?

Reactions: TK31

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

Sorry, thanks for your reply, its a B450M Aorus Elite. I recently updated to the F3 bios at the same time i upgraded to the newest RGB Fusion.

The RAM is in slots 2 and 4, with 1 and 3 empty.

Thank you