Gigabyte Rolls Out X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennyy Evony

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
If only there was gear to make water cooling to change color of the liquid or tubing by what temperature liquid gets using led lighting. as well as other led components in sync of color effect to see hot spots of your build just by looking at the components and places of the board.

Tanyac

Reputable
I wish Gigabyte would stop using Killer LAN for their boards. This alone has totally stopped me buying Gigabyte boards. And on an expensive board, only one LAN Port? Think I'll pass.

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
I for one use the second LAN port on my PC to route through internet access to my laptop so that I don't have to use Wifi on it.
This is beneficial especially for Steam In-Home streaming and other intranet data transfers.

However, I'll be connecting bothe the PC and the laptop to the ethernet port in the wall with a small switch when I get to it, so it's not really that important.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
I'd use the extra lan port for running a pfsense VM quietly in the background to have full-time VPN service. It would only take one or two cores - and it's not like you wouldn't have... 30 more to run everything else. Lol.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished

Get an arduino board, and get a temp sensor for it. Have it control some RGB lighting and you could easily monitor the temperature of almost anything and control lighting to reflect what temp each device is. You can get the arduino boards for <$10.00 on amazon, and a temp sensor for it is $3.00 or so. Then just get some LED's to control via PWM and you'll be good to go.

You could color change an RGB light from blue (cold) to green (normal) to red (high) with a simple program, and even have multiple zones (different tmp sensors for CPU, GPU, Case) and corresponding colors for each zone.

Tanyac

Reputable

I have a dual boot Windows 10 / Windows 7 configuration. My router issues DHCP addresses using MAC Address reservations, so Windows 10 and Windows 7 each have a dedicated port, and get their own address.

Now, I know I could do the same with an Intel and Killer LAN dual NIC mobo, but Killer LAN is mostly hype.

On Windows 7 I have also set up LAN teaming. Pretty useless really, but at least I can use it in a failover scneario (Which I don;t think I've ever suffered from).

So, mostly, it's so each OS uses a different NIC and gets it's own address.

Status
Not open for further replies.