Question Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC windforce (2 fans) running on high temperature?

Jun 24, 2019
Hi Guys, so I recently bought an RTX 2060 oc windforce from gigabyte (about a week ago) and I have noticed, it's running quite hot. I noted down the temperatures as follows. Please note, my games have been on ultra high graphics / max settings with FPS uncapped:

Idle: 40-44 degrees

Destiny 2: Framerate uncapped 80-85 degrees / Framerate locked to 90: 75-80 degrees

GTA V: 79 - 81 degrees

Apex: 78 - 82 degrees

BF V: 75 - 80 degrees (surprisingly since I thought BF V will really push my card to its limits when turning almost everything to ultra with DXR on ultra as well)

Heaven Benchmark for about 15mins with everything set to Max: 84 degrees max

My case is an ATX mid-tower case with 3 intake fans in the front and an exhaust fan at the back. I have also done some research regarding this card and found that, this card usually runs hot for almost everyone who buys it. So what do you think? I am a bit worried if I upgrade my monitor to a 144 Hz 1440p monitor, it will push the card even further and the temp might go above 81 or 82.

Also, I am aware of the fact that, RTX 2060 can be operated upto 88 degrees (its written on Nvidia's website) but should it go that high? One more thing, my ambient temperatures are usually about 35 - 38 degrees Celsius but when I turn on my air conditioner, the temps go down just 1 to 2 degrees max. Also, I usually try to limit my FPS whenever possible so that that the temps stay under control. Like in Destiny 2, I cap my FPS to 90 which reduces the temps from 80-81(with uncapped fps) to 75-78.

Jun 24, 2019
You can tone down the graphics details(not the resolution) and you'll see the temps drop a little. What sort of ambient air temps are you getting?

I didn't measure the temps while I was running my pc on 35 degrees ambient temps as I usually play at night while the air conditioner is on. The AC is set to about 25. So my PC runs majority of the times at 25-26 degrees (with AC turned on)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The ambient temperature can be difficult, because for every single degree above design ambient temperature you are, you are a degree hotter at load.
I would be trying to maximise airflow through your case.

But ultimately, as long as you keep it below the 85 degree mark, I wouldn't be too worried. Obviously cooler is better, but most GPUs can handle quite large temperatures.
Are you running any OC at all?

Jun 24, 2019
The ambient temperature can be difficult, because for every single degree above design ambient temperature you are, you are a degree hotter at load.
I would be trying to maximise airflow through your case.

But ultimately, as long as you keep it below the 85 degree mark, I wouldn't be too worried. Obviously cooler is better, but most GPUs can handle quite large temperatures.
Are you running any OC at all?
No I am not. Its factory OCed out of the box but I haven't done any OCing on my own.

Jun 24, 2019
I did try a couple of more games and the temperatures are as follows:

COD: Infinite Warfare (65 - 71 Degrees)
COD: MWR (78 - 81 Degrees)
CS Go: (70-75 Degrees on Max settings with uncapped FPS)

I noticed a very strange trend. Some games make the GPU run hotter and other games like BFV and COD Infinite Warfare make the GPU run cooler? I dont get it. BFV atleast should push the GPU to its limits due to the game being running on ultra settings with everything maxed out including DXR and DLSS enabled.