ColdMineshaft

Prominent
Sep 19, 2019
So i am planning to build a PC with RTX 2060 SUPER and i am choosing between GIGABYTE RTX 2060 SUPER OC 3x WINDFORCE and GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2060 SUPER and what i see is the clock speed of 1710 MHz for WINDFORCE and 1845 MHz for AORUS , what i am comparing is the price. Is the WINDFORCE OC edition is good, like is it Bang for the Bucks? Or is there better Edition with same or better price that's between the AORUS and the WINDFORCE edition

Solution
They will technically perform the same, the difference between those clocks will also depend on the amount of cooling each card gets. For example My 2080Ti has a rated boost of 1810MHz but It normally goes as high as 1900 or even 2000 if it's cool enough. those boost numbers will only drop to those rated boost clocks when it gets hot, and since each card has 3 fans on it, you should be able to set the fan curve to keep it as cool as 64c on full load, maybe even cooler.

But will those different boost clocks affect performance? Only slightly, like 5 or less FPS difference between those 2 cards. Because they are BOTH 2060 SUPERS! They have the same 2060 Super GPU die. So they are literally the same. If anything, RTX cards can overclock an...
They will technically perform the same, the difference between those clocks will also depend on the amount of cooling each card gets. For example My 2080Ti has a rated boost of 1810MHz but It normally goes as high as 1900 or even 2000 if it's cool enough. those boost numbers will only drop to those rated boost clocks when it gets hot, and since each card has 3 fans on it, you should be able to set the fan curve to keep it as cool as 64c on full load, maybe even cooler.

But will those different boost clocks affect performance? Only slightly, like 5 or less FPS difference between those 2 cards. Because they are BOTH 2060 SUPERS! They have the same 2060 Super GPU die. So they are literally the same. If anything, RTX cards can overclock an extra 100MHz on its core clock using MSI afterburner of EVGA Precision.

So get whatever is cheapest, they're both decent cards in their tier range.

Reactions: ColdMineshaft
Solution

ColdMineshaft

Prominent
Sep 19, 2019
[
But will those different boost clocks affect performance? Only slightly, like 5 or less FPS difference between those 2 cards. Because they are BOTH 2060 SUPERS! They have the same 2060 Super GPU die. So they are literally the same. If anything, RTX cards can overclock an extra 100MHz on its core clock using MSI afterburner of EVGA Precision.

Nice! Thanks for the answer!