[SOLVED] Gigabyte RTX 2070, ABBORNAL POWER SUPPLY PROBLEM HOW TO FIX IT?!

Aug 13, 2019
Hello so in december last year(2018) i built my first pc, (RTX 2070, MSI X370, HYPERX 2666mhz 16gb(8x2), Ryzen 3 1300x) and the problem is that i got over to my home country where i do not live so i didnt have a pc here so i just brought with me the main parts, GPU, MOBO RAM CPU AND MEMORY, and the case a psu did i buy when i came gere a bought a CHIEFTEC GPE-700s 700w power supply, and one day when i was playing, the Screen just went black and windows was still running, so i tried to restart it and i wont turn on, thats when i saw, that it was a consistent light over the power input on the gpu. EZ DEBUG LIGHTS over 24pin power connector on the mobo was also ligght up, so the first thing i did was to unwire the whole computer and rewire it, result? noting. I thought the PSU was the problem bcuz it didnt have a 80plus certificate(i didnt notice that) so i bought one that had the 80 + certificate, (SILENTUM PC L2 VERO, 600w psu) i got it and then i installed it in my pc, alle the wires where double check if they are connected, and i tuned it on and nothing, black screen, but i have noticed that the light over my gpu power connector is now blinking what says it is abnormal power supply, i cleared cmos, i took out the 1 of the 2 RAMs and trued that nothing happen, so i switched the gpu to another gpu port(dont remember the name of these type of ports:) and i plugged it in and it worked i turn on fortnite and forgot to say that all fans in my pc are running on MAX speed so i can have the lowest possible temps, (CPU IS AIRCOOLED), 15 minutes later the same thing happen black screen nothing i tried the same thing again where i put the gpu back and the switched it back to the place and this time i couldnt make it work, i am worrued that my components got damaged by that shit psu without 80+ cert. Any advice? Please i need help!!

Solution
Yes, CHIEFTEC PSUs should be avoided like a plague. Very poor and low-end quality PSUs. Not to be used on any GAMING PC though. Chieftec has inferior quality power supplies.

You shouldn't have used this PSU brand, in the first place.
Yes, CHIEFTEC PSUs should be avoided like a plague. Very poor and low-end quality PSUs. Not to be used on any GAMING PC though. Chieftec has inferior quality power supplies.

You shouldn't have used this PSU brand, in the first place.

Last edited:
Solution