Question Gigabyte RTX 2070 Concerns

May 6, 2019
waves

Hiya. New here.
I'm going to be ordering a GPU next week. It's the last part I need for my second ever PC build. I wanted an RTX 2070 and the cheapest option is looking to be Gigabyte's offering. However, looking into it deeper, I noticed a fair amount of user reviews and complaints with consistent claims of the card locking up/shutting down PC's and what have you. Apparently after a week to a month or two of use. And in some cases folks mentioned Gigabyte did not reimburse them despite owning a warranty (I take these claims less seriously).

I'm not finding any official tech publications or personalities detailing these issues. But I'm feeling a bit wary regardless so I figured I'd ask here. Were these just launch issues that are now completely ironed out? Compatibility fumbles or some other user error? Or is Gigabyte's card actually faulty?

Thank you in advance!

May 6, 2019
Thank you both so much for your help and to anyone with further input. This puts me at ease. I think I'll look into the recommended EVGA card however.
Also, Dreamevil, your build is near identical to what I've ordered, so I assume I'm set for the rest of the components I currently own.

TRENDING THREADS