Question Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super fans are ramping up to full RPM under load - cannot be slowed down

May 27, 2020
Hey guys, got a new GPU here after i had a faulty RTX 1080. Worked like a dream for a week, but now whenever i play anything remotely graphic intense the fans will rev up to full RPM and the only way to slow it down is to shut down my PC.

I have performed a DDU reset to get old drivers out, issue persists. I've reseated the whole GPU too, everything is where it should be and nothing is in the way of the fans. Also, when keeping track of my fans in GPU-Z i cannot see the RPM at all, even when its full speed and sounding like a jet.

I've tried adjusting the fan speeds in Aorus Engine but it will not control the fans, its like there is only two settings, low RPM or full-turbo.
May be also worth noting that the GPU temp has never gone past 63c. The temps in the case are all good.

Kind of lost on what to do to be honest! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

May 27, 2020
Make sure your laptop is plugged in, my brother didn’t know why his frames were so bad for a whole week then he plugged it in and was fine. Also make sure it’s not thermal throttling.

Maybe i should have been more specific, its not a laptop its a desktop. Certainly isnt thermal throttling either.