Question Gigabyte RTX 2080ti gaming oc + RTX 2080ti windfury oc SLI

Feb 28, 2019
Has anyone tried a SLI between two different GPUs (both same company and both 2080ti) as the ones mentioned in the title or in general?

Are there any disadvantages to this?

One has
1665 MHz in OC mode
1650 MHz in Gaming mode
(Reference Card: 1545 MHz)

and the other

1635 MHz in OC mode
1620 MHz in Gaming mode
(Reference Card: 1545 MHz)

Will they just both run at the lower core clock speed?

Are there any other disadvantages that I should be aware of?

Thanks.

WildCard999

Titan
They will run at the lower clock speed.

Besides that the only real disadvantage of SLI is driver support as it's poor nowadays, some games you may see an improvement but others you won't see any improvement and some you'll actually see worse performance over a single GPU. Some companies such as EVGA are picky with SLI so they require the same GPU but most don't have this issue.

Reactions: sandu.eugen

WildCard999

Titan
Thank you. This is something worth pondering.

I will definitely do a bit of testing of my own as soon as they arrive.
Give it a shot, make sure you download the newest drivers from Nvidia but some really popular games such as Fortnite (and I believe Apex as well) doesn't support SLI. Games like COD/BF/newer AC titles may support it but support has been dwindling over the past few years as the amount of people using multi GPUs for gaming is a very small percent compared to single GPU users.

WildCard999

Titan
Indeed. I remember how excited I was when I heard about SLI back then; good days.
Yup good ole days. I ran a pair of EVGA GTX 780 6gb Superclocked (Unicorn of GPU's, only manufactured a few then stopped as they outperformed the Titan Black which costs almost double) back in 2014 to around 2017 but got sick of graphic issues and texture pop-ins due to crappy support of the game got a massive update and that broke the driver.

TRENDING THREADS