[SOLVED] Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Eagle - Can't use resolutions higher than 1280x720

RememberMe

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
So I got this card yesterday(non-OC version). I uninstalled my previous drivers with DDU in safe mode(I had a 750Ti), and after downloading and installing the latest drivers from Nvidia, I couldn't get any resolutions higher than 1280x720 to show up in the menu. It also seems like the motherboard screen before Windows actually goes up, is also in a much lower resolution than before.

My previous card did 1920x1080 just fine, so I'm wondering what the problem is. I'm currently running a custom resolution but it's super blurry and not really usable. I tried changing HDMI cables without any luck. I'm plugged into an old Toshiba 32 inch HD TV by the way. Anyone experienced something similar?

Last edited:
Solution
I'm not sure about the exact model name, but it's an old one, probably from 2008-09. I mean, if the 750Ti did 1920x1080 natively with no problems whatsoever, why would this new card wouldn't?
For a long time, there was a lot of confusion about what HD stood for to the point that 1080p had to get re-branded to FHD to clear up the confusion with 720p "HD". Unless your 32" TV says FHD, there is a chance it really only is 720/768p native.

RememberMe

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I would go to (in Windows) where you choose the displays and the display configuration.

Make sure the correct display is selected.

I've had this happen when Windows had the wrong display selected.

It seems like it's set to "TOSHIBA-TV", which is correct.

Can you show screenshot from GPU-Z ?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Is it new? used?
What model PSU are you using ? (full model name, not just wattage)

View: https://imgur.com/tQtRLrn

It's a new one. PSU model is Corsair RM750X.
BTW, I tried reverting back the drivers, no luck.

RememberMe

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
GPU-Z looks good.
What's the model name of your Toshiba TV?
Are you sure, it supports full HD?

What cable are you using? Any signal adapters? (like DP to HDMI adapter?)

I'm not sure about the exact model name, but it's an old one, probably from 2008-09. I mean, if the 750Ti did 1920x1080 natively with no problems whatsoever, why would this new card wouldn't? And I'm not using any adapters. HDMI going straight from the graphics card to the TV, as I did with my old card.

I'm not sure about the exact model name, but it's an old one, probably from 2008-09. I mean, if the 750Ti did 1920x1080 natively with no problems whatsoever, why would this new card wouldn't?
You'll have to look at back of the tv, to find model name.
With your previous card - driver settings might have been different.
For example - enabled DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution). This would enable higher resolutions, than screen can support.

InvalidError

Titan
For a long time, there was a lot of confusion about what HD stood for to the point that 1080p had to get re-branded to FHD to clear up the confusion with 720p "HD". Unless your 32" TV says FHD, there is a chance it really only is 720/768p native.

Solution

RememberMe

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
You'll have to look at back of the tv, to find model name.
With your previous card - driver settings might have been different.
For example - enabled DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution). This would enable higher resolutions, than screen can support.

Just checked, it's a 32AV500T. Not much info on it on google. But yeah I guess it's not full HD. Is there anyway to enable 1920x1080 without using a custom resolution? It's really unusable for me, since I'm doing a ton of edits on the machine. Or would I have to buy a new monitor?

Well, yeah I think this is not a 1080p monitor.