[SOLVED] Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti Gaming OC Pro coil whine

Daraeon

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hello,
I built a new pc after more than a decade. The GPU Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti Gaming OC Pro has severe coil whine, even in closed case I can hear it across the room. First i thought it could be PSU issie, so I swapped my Seasonic Focus Gold GX 750 for Corsair RM750x. The coil whine is still here and it comes from the GPU itself. It whines in every game and benchmark, the higher the fps, the more whine i get. V sync doesnt help neither fps capping does. It just whine all the time, except when idle. Im using two separate pcie cables plugged into the GPU.

The rest of my system is:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B550
RAM: G.skill Trident Z Neo 2x8 GB CL 16-19-19-39
CPU Cooler: Sythe Mugen RGB
Case: BeQuiet Pure Base 500 DX
Storage: Adata XPG 8200 Pro 1TB, Kingston A2000 500 GB M2s
Screen: Dell 27´´ 165Hz IPS 1440p

I tried to plug pc directly to the electricity socket, no change. So its plugged into the surge protector atm. The whine is really anoying, but if Ill RMA it, Ill wait at least 6 weeks. So, any advice? Its very dissapointing, cos I worked hard to earn money for my new pc. Will be glad to hear from you guys from Gigabyte. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Unfortunately, since the GPU performs as it should, it's not something that most manufacturers cover under warranty. It's in the fine letters...
EVGA is a company that will replace the GPU if it has coil whine but Giagabyte I don't think they will. In Europe they tend to have AWFUL support as well.
Unfortunately, since the GPU performs as it should, it's not something that most manufacturers cover under warranty. It's in the fine letters...
EVGA is a company that will replace the GPU if it has coil whine but Giagabyte I don't think they will. In Europe they tend to have AWFUL support as well.

Solution

Daraeon

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
The problem is, the RMA process will take very long time and I guess theres no point to try it through the Christmas. Maybe Ill wait until there will be better stock. Or maybe Ill just sell it and buy other card. Im always this unlucky. My ps5 alsho had strong coil whine...Thanks for responding tho.