[SOLVED] Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC no display

Nov 16, 2020
System specs:
Motherboard: Asus B360M-Plus gaming
CPU: i5 8400
Ram: (8x4)GB HyperX RGB DDR4 3200MHz
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80Plus gold (Brand new)
SSD: 240GB WD Green Sata SSD
HDD: 2TB WD Blue 5400RPM
I recently got very lucky and was able to purchase an rtx 3070
I previously had an rtx 2060 (it's still with me) and was planning on upgrading, and when my rtx 3070 arrived i tried putting it into the system and it didn't work (Fans spin right when i boot it up and then stop, and if i leave the gpu it gets really hot and doesn't show that a display is connected. Here are the things i tried and none of them worked
  1. I tried multiple different psu cables(fully modular psu) and ports, nothing worked
  2. Updated to the latest bios
  3. Set the bios pci-e generation to gen 3
  4. Downloaded drivers from gigabyte's website
  5. Downloaded drivers from nvidia's website
  6. Used DDU to remove past drivers in hopes to get a fresh start
  7. Reset windows
  8. Use my old power supply (600W coolermaster lite)
  9. I tried putting back my old gpu (rtx 2060) and it worked perfectly
  10. I opened the PCB in hopes of seeing a loose cable that might do the trick but not luck in that too.
I've spent the past 7/8 hours looking for a solution to this problem and unfortunately haven't gotten to a solution

Solution
Yes i fixed it by updating my bios to the latest version via the motherboard manufacturer’s website and forced my pci e gen set on gen 3, i had the card installed but connected my computer to the monitor through the motherboard and downloaded all the drivers automatically through geforce experience.
Also try different ports on the gpu, try to wait 15 seconds after turning the pc on to see if it boots up properly (it used to take a bit more than my previous rtx 2060 before actually showing something on screen but that has gone away now and it works perfectly)
Nov 17, 2020
I literally had exact same issue today. Going from 1080 to Gigabyte RTX 3070. I was able to get into windows using remote desktop since the system still booted up despite not having any video. I kept getting Code 43 error under drivers in windows settings.

i did get it fixed, right as i was about to give up on this whole thing. Turned out my motherboard had "GPU boost" setting enabled. Whatever the hell that means, disabling that fixed it and made it boot up fine. Check that your mobo doesn't have any Video Card specific settings.

Nov 16, 2020
I literally had exact same issue today. Going from 1080 to Gigabyte RTX 3070. I was able to get into windows using remote desktop since the system still booted up despite not having any video. I kept getting Code 43 error under drivers in windows settings.

i did get it fixed, right as i was about to give up on this whole thing. Turned out my motherboard had "GPU boost" setting enabled. Whatever the hell that means, disabling that fixed it and made it boot up fine. Check that your mobo doesn't have any Video Card specific settings.
My motherboard doesn't have any gpu settings, what else do you think i can try

Nov 17, 2020
My motherboard doesn't have any gpu settings, what else do you think i can try
All i read while trying to troubleshoot is the card is not seated all the way but i am sure you tried that. If the screen is not showing up its bios. / hardware issue. Maybe go to your bios and see if there is anything video card related you can mess with?

Nov 16, 2020
Yes i fixed it by updating my bios to the latest version via the motherboard manufacturer’s website and forced my pci e gen set on gen 3, i had the card installed but connected my computer to the monitor through the motherboard and downloaded all the drivers automatically through geforce experience.
Also try different ports on the gpu, try to wait 15 seconds after turning the pc on to see if it boots up properly (it used to take a bit more than my previous rtx 2060 before actually showing something on screen but that has gone away now and it works perfectly)

Solution