Question Gigabyte RTX 3070Ti high operating temp

Jun 29, 2022
Hi All - I've just installed my new 3070 Ti, it's in a Thermaltake Clearview apartment building sized case, 7x140mm fans - 3 top and 1 rear exhaust, 3 front intake. virtually nothing between front intakes and the card. I've installed MSI Afterburner software to manage the card settings. I noticed the fan curve settings but left it to default to see what it does. I ran Snowrunner and the temp went straight to 95 deg and stayed there. The card fan did not activate. I've since unlinked the fan and power limit settings - power to 90%, fan down to 65 deg. Hey presto, active cooling fan is on all the time. Don't really care about the noise as I wear headphones most of the time anyway. Just wondering if this is a normal thing to have to change... I exited Snowrunner and the fan is still running, and the idle temp is back to around 30 deg c. (can't seem to attach a screen snip for you, but you're all smart enough visualise what i mean, lol)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is this an EVGA model? I have heard that the fans may behave erratically when not using their Precision software for control. I've not heard of any other cases like this, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
If it is an EVGA gpu, use their Precision software.

To attach screenshots on TH, you have to make use of image hosting sites, like imgur.com, postimages.org, imgbb.com, etc.

Jun 29, 2022
Is this an EVGA model? I have heard that the fans may behave erratically when not using their Precision software for control. I've not heard of any other cases like this, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
If it is an EVGA gpu, use their Precision software.

To attach screenshots on TH, you have to make use of image hosting sites, like imgur.com, postimages.org, imgbb.com, etc.
I didn't buy it thru EVGA so I have no idea on that... it's a Gigabyte rtx 3070 Ti Eagle OC 8gb card.

Jun 29, 2022
I was asking if it was an EVGA card or not, but it's a Gigabyte one.

Got any other samples of the card's default fan behavior? Gonna be kinda difficult with just Snowrunner.
-other games you play
-3D Mark Timespy
-Unigine Superposition
Up until I manually set the fan limit it wouldnt matter which game I was playing....Cyberpunk, COD...it always just ramped straight to 95 and just happily sat there... but right now, I'm back to Snowrunner and its sitting happily on 50 deg cos i've manually set the fan to be on...So, I'm not sure if there was any real issue, I'd just never seen a card go for gold at top temp even with what I thought would have been a built in auto fan curve. I never heard the fan cut in at all until now. As I've just got this card as a replacement for my 2070 super, Im not keen to give it a work out with a benchmark...

TRENDING THREADS