Question Gigabyte RTX3070

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
So all was great, but there now appears to be an issue... one of the fans keeps on dropping to 0 rpm then revving all the way to 3500 for absolutely no reason, temps never tops 60 degrees. It isn’t limited to gaming, i happens randomly.

I’m tempted to RMA the card.

Anyone has this issue?

psu is RMx850w

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
Okay i sorted an RMA and then decided... i’ll try another cable for the psu... appears to be fixed. Maybe on the 6+2, the 2 wasn’t working properly.

appears to be fixed for now, but i will need to stress test it

Dec 20, 2020
Interesting, doesn't make much sense really, the "2" that you've mentioned is just additional ground and should play no role in a single fan working or not, but glad it's fixed now.

How old is that power supply?

Dec 20, 2020
Bummer then, get that card swapped/repaired. Most likely the electronics in fan itself are failing as most commonly those fans are on a single parallel bus so probably the card itself is okay since only one fan has the problem.

Reactions: Ash95

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
I would actually suspect it is a part of the pcb, that has failed, specifically a part that is telling that one fan what to do. If the fan had failed, i would suspect the fan, but it is still very capable of hitting full rpm, it just doesn’t seem to know what rpm it needs to maintain, to maintain the fan speed.